Thinking Out Loud – On a Thursday

I’m all thought’d out…


The good thing about blogging is I can make up my own words and no one can say anything. Well, technically not true. But I do and I don’t really care what anyone says. So take that… thought’d!

Pitch Perfect 2 // I totally slept on the first one and don’t think I saw it until it had already been out on DVD for months, possibly over a year. But I loved it after my second go around of watching it. I liked it at first, but it wasn’t until my second viewing did I really decided I was smitten. So, I’m pretty excited it gets released tomorrow. I’m also learning that although they have Friday release dates, they really release them on Thursday evenings. Score for us, date night!

LOL // Sorry for this rant, but I hate the use of ‘LOL’ in anything. Unless you are LITERALLY ‘laughing out loud’ at that moment, don’t text me that. And you better sure as hell not write something rude or snarky and then add it to the end, like it takes away anything that you previously said. I hate the use of acronyms in general, but that one really annoys me. It is too common place and used way too much, for my liking. Okay, rant over/

mini // I’ve been lunching out every. single. day. this week! Yesterday was no different. Since I knew I had a reward awaiting me at Starbucks, I went there to grab a sandwich. I really like their Turkey Pesto, warmed up! Then at the register, I was suckered in by the cute ‘mini’ sized frappuchino! It’s mini size is so cute in stature, but not in price. It still cost me over $4 for this with soy! I might as well get a tall. It actually is a perfect size for me, it’s just not quite worth the bang-for-my buck! #FirstWorldProbs

Not a Fan Girl // But I actually understand this now and thought it was hilarious! See what J has been doing to me…understanding Marvel humor, who would have thought?

Spring Party Planning Fever // After @Targetstyle posted these on IG and the #CocktailAcademy I have serious party planning fever. I want to host a cocktail party for my girls. This table setting is ridiculously cute and I can’t wait to make it happen. I was thinking of hitting up a thrift store to find some mason jars, otherwise it might get a little pricey. Another idea was for everyone to bring and make a cocktail of their choice, and share small tastes with everyone. Or my last idea was to do Brunch & Boutiques again – we all did brunch potluck style and then walked to local boutiques. Party planning fever is strong right now! So many ideas…

Abstainer or Moderator // @olivesandwine posted her thoughts on whether or not she was an Abstainer or Moderator. Ever since I skimmed the re-post by Gretchen Rubin, I’ve been contemplating it. I think I’m 90% an abstainer, out of sight out of mind! But the other 10% I feel like I’m a moderator. I’m better at abstaining from certain things and some I’m not so well with. I’m not an absolute for either, but I think my attitude and personality lends itself to more of an abstainer. What are you?

Summer Trips // I’m so excited for what the summer months have to offer J and I as far as trips together. Nothing too crazy, but some smaller ones that will take us to new places together! I also have challenged myself to put down my phone and enjoy the moments. I will take pictures and probably re-cap the fun-cations on the blog, but while there I want to be present. I haven’t decided, but I think I’m going to only post one social media post a day when vacationing! Its really sad that I have to set these limits for myself, but I’ll own up to it. I’m so ‘addicted’ to sharing my life with everyone. Sometimes, I guess it should be lived as well ๐Ÿ˜‰

Okay, so I had more thoughts than I thought…


  • carissajade

    I still haven't seen the first Pitch Perfect. I'm the worst! I recently read Gretchen Rubin's book and I thought the whole abstainer/moderator section was really interesting. I'm definitely an abstainer. I'm not good at moderating anything. Drinking, eating, exercising, shopping. I try, but on the things I really want to stay away from, i just have to completely stay away.

    • Musings of a Girly Tomboy

      If you want a silly laughable movie, that is genuinely pretty clever with a decent amount of sexual innuendos, then I'd say go watch it. If not, then you've lived so far ๐Ÿ˜‰ As I read your comment, I'm pretty much an abstainer…but there are a few things in life that I'm a moderator – certain foods being them, but everything else is pretty much abstain or be obsessed in my book ๐Ÿ˜‰ Happy Weekend! xoxo, ganeeban

Leave a Reply